Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Title: MK Ultra (2022)

Genre: Thriller

Director: Joseph Sorrentino

Cast: Anson Mount, Jason Patric, Jen Richards, Jaime Ray Newman, Alon Aboutboul

Release: 2022-10-07

Plot: Set during the true and unconscionable Central Intelligence Agency MK ULTRA drug experimentations in the early 1960s. The journey of Ford Strauss, a brilliant psychiatrist, whose moral and scientific boundaries are pushed to the limit as he is recruited to run a subsect of the program in a rural Mississippi Mental Hospital.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
This may be interesting. The MK Ultra program is legendary now to a certain segment of the public and it would figure to be a good time to make a picture like this. It sort of fits with our current zeitgeist.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I suspect the MK Ultra programme was the origin of people saying they had been in contact with or abducted by aliens.

Not really, mostly it was a series of experiments dealing with mind control for various purposes and using different methods. Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber, was subjected to the program before he went on to become the Unabomber.

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
I am the publisher and editor of Genii, The Conjurors' Magazine. We broke the MK Ultra Story and the involvement of magician John Mulholland back in 2001 in a lengthy article by Michael Edwards (consisting of all original research) which you can read here: https://www.geniionline.com/2017/10...spy-the-clandestine-world-of-john-mulholland/
And in the months following we also published what was (at the time) the top secret manual Mulholland had written detailing how to use magicians' methods in spying.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Stranger Things

As they say, truth is quite often stranger than fiction. Other than Kaczynski, the list of people who are said to have been exposed to the MK Ultra program includes Whitey Bulger, Sirhan Sirhan, and Charles Manson. I do not think this picture will delve into those guys and that background but it will probably be an interesting watch. I'll have to look at who and what they were referencing for source material on this.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, watched this and found it a well made and well acted picture. It touches upon some of the early experiments in a mental hospital and the motivations of each of the players. It contains violence and sexuality that is obviously presented to be disturbing. It feels as if it should be the pilot for a series along the lines of Mindhunter. The director cuts in vintage actual footage of news and interviews with the real participants with his portrayal of events.

I thought it was a very good film and for those with an interest in this sort of real life disturbing topic, I recommend this. Mount, Patric and the supporting cast are all excellent.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks