What's new

Miyazaki Set. Best Price? (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I've seen the 3 Miyazaki films for 4/15 listed in a set at Deep Discount DVD and Amazon. So far the best price I've found has been at DDD for $63.89. Has anyone seen it for a better price?

JoeHeu

Grip
amazon with share the love is a better price, plus if you wait a little while when the new coupons come out this will be a better price, hopefully before 4/15 but i think with share the love it's better anyway.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Suncoast has them for $19.95 each, and a $5 onlne coupon for "Spirited Away" if you preorder it. They also have free shipping on 2 or more items.

Jason

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I'm waiting on this one too. Already have the Japanese version of Spirited Away, but want the full 3 DVD set when it hits a nice price.

If anyone finds a great deal, let us know please...

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
To be honest, I don't think you are going to find much better deals, at least in the nearterm. Retailers have said that they aren't getting much margin from Disney on these...

Jason

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
BestBuy.com has reduced the prices on these 3 titles (evident only when you place the dvd in your cart). As a result, it's indicative of the in-store prices next Tuesday, 4/15:

Spirited Away: $17.99
Castle in the Sky: $19.99
Kiki's Delivery Service: $19.99

Total for 3 titles: $57.97 + tax

Not too bad..competes with most/all online vendors that I've seen.

Mike_Nepo

Grip
I too am waiting for the Miyazaki 3-set. However, they may be cheaper to buy individually. Note that just in time when I bought "Roger Rabbit", I found out about the $3 off coupon that's in the April issues of Better Homes and Garden, and Parents Magazine, just behind the cover pages. In there, they have $3 off all each of the 3 Miyazaki titles besides other Disney movies that are coming out (Treasure Planet as well). For myself, I'm thinking getting 3 coupons will save me $9 before tax on all 3 titles. Hope this helps all those people wanting to get these 3 great titles.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you order all 3 DVDs from amazon.ca, be sure to use "CANADAVCARDS" to get $10Cdn off your order (which reduces your shipping charges from $13.96Cdn to $3.96Cdn). My total order was just over $76Cdn (around $50US).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The ASIN of Spirited Away being offered by Amazon.ca is the same as the one offered by Amazon.com and that one shows it being a bilingual DVD (English and Japanese). I have to assume that both Amazon's are offering the same DVD.

If you want to check for the other two, I'll leave that as an exercise for the gentle reader.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Best Buy's advert today (which I'm sure will be in the Roundup) has Spirited Away for $17.99 and the other two films for $19.99 (with CA tax, it's about $62). However, if you buy all three you get a FREE Princess Mononoke DVD. Not owning any of those four discs, I think this is the best deal (since the Amazon.ca price is $52 US for the three even w/ the coupon, the additional $10 os worth it for Mononoke).

Cheers!

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Also, there is word that if you buy Spirited Away, along with either Kiki's or Castle in the Sky, you'll receive an instant $4 off the combined purchase (manufacturer's coupon?).

If so, wonder if you'll be able to combine this discount with the free Mononoke promotion offerred by Best Buy (along the lines of '...cannot be combined with any other promotional offer...').

EDIT: 'Word' is from several posts from DVD Talk.

Raphael

Stunt Coordinator
The Best Buy deal seems to be the best, except for a subtle point non-fanboys would be sure to miss:

As far as I can tell, anyone who would buy Kiki, Castle, and Spirited Away all at once most likely already owns Mononoke. And for that matter, Grave of the Fireflies, too. And perhaps even Castle of Cagliostro. :b Or am I alone?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
This fanboy is going to give his new copy of Mononoke to his brother-in-not-law to help spread the word of Miyazaki.

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
Deep discount is offering the 3 pack for $57.67 without tax or shipping. That seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Glen

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Glen, definitely a great price for those three (outside of ordering them from Amazon.ca w/ the $10 coupon, which is only like $5 less US).

I broke down and got them from Best Buy though because of the free Princess Mononoke. $62 not bad for four DVDs.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Extra free Princess Mononokes make excellent gifts, or sources of DVD money on half.com for the more capitalistic.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks