Mixing SVS's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeanO, Dec 19, 2001.

1. DeanO

DeanO Auditioning

What if you were to go with a 16-48cs+ and a 25-31cs+,,, would this not give ya the best of both worlds earth shaking lows with hitting in your chest upper bass!
    Or would the sound get messed up and it would be better to just stick with 2 16-48's would this combo give ya the slam in the upper bass as well, with two of them!
    Ron, Tom ? thanks in advance I know you guys are busy![​IMG]

2. Michael Klein

Sorry, I don't have an answer to the question, but this seemed like an ideal thread in which to put my question too.

Would I be okay adding a 20-39CS+ to my existing 20-39CS? Also, will 350w (at 4 ohms) be sufficient for the CS+? Thanks in advance.

3. DeanO

DeanO Auditioning

Bump

4. KevinHunt

KevinHunt Stunt Coordinator

Well guys, I've been a dual 16-46CS and Samson S700 owner for a little while and having read almost all of the SVS threads, I'm betting Ron and Tom are going to recommend if you go dual, you get a matched pair of tubes with equal power, whatever they may be i.e. dual 20-39s or dual 16-46+s. I think you would be able to integrate and tweak different SVS subs to satisfaction, but across the board you will get better results with a matched pair. Today, I would get a matched pair of the CS+s with a Samson S1000. They are selling the packages for about the same price the regular CS packages went for about 6 months ago. Well really [​IMG] if I had the money I would get two Ultras and the S1000.

5. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

The smaller your room, the more likely any benefits could be realized by mixing SV subwoofer sizes.

Unless your room is very small,I'd just go with identical sizes. How large is the room btw?

TV

6. DeanO

DeanO Auditioning

the room is 15x19x8