What's new

Mixing SVS Models (1 Viewer)

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
I am about to order an amp for my 25-31CS, and up until very recently was concidering the S700. However, with the introduction of the CS+, I have been wondering if I should get an s1000 to better match the CS+. Is it recommended to mix models, either between the CS and CS+ lines, or among the CS series, say using both a 25-31CS and a 16-46CS? The latter i am sure would require some heavy EQing. This info would really help in my selection of a new amp... I am guessing dual 25-31Cs with an s700 will be my best bet, but any further info would be helpful.

Thanks

Todd

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Todd, you have a lot of options to consider...how large is your room?
Starting with a single 25-31cs+/S1000 and then adding a second down the road might be worthy of thought?
I wouldn't mix model lines unless you already have a cs/PC and plan on adding a CS+ or CS_Ultra though.
I usually only advise mixing different sizes in the same model line when you're dealing with a very small room.
At $1399 our dual 25-31CS+/S1000 combo isn't exactly inexpensive...but I would put it against dual HGS18s down to the 21-24hz range any day of the week :)
TV

ToddMS

Stunt Coordinator
I already own 1 25-31CS. I am in a dorm room...so the space is pretty small- 12x14. I am definitly adding a better amp, as I am currently using a late 70s Pioneer integrated amp which is rated at 75 watts, but I am guessing puts out about 5. I just need to know whether the s700 or s1000 will be most appropriate given my current situation. I will be in the dorm for at least 2 more years, and the thought of adding another sub is more of an idea than a reality at this point- just thinking with the future in mind.

Todd

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Oh definitely stay with the S700 Todd, a single 25-31cs is going to run into port compression >250w or so anyway.

If budget is really tight,you can find 400w FIDEKs

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks