Mixing SVS Models

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ToddMS, Dec 12, 2001.

1. ToddMS

ToddMS Stunt Coordinator

I am about to order an amp for my 25-31CS, and up until very recently was concidering the S700. However, with the introduction of the CS+, I have been wondering if I should get an s1000 to better match the CS+. Is it recommended to mix models, either between the CS and CS+ lines, or among the CS series, say using both a 25-31CS and a 16-46CS? The latter i am sure would require some heavy EQing. This info would really help in my selection of a new amp... I am guessing dual 25-31Cs with an s700 will be my best bet, but any further info would be helpful.

Thanks

Todd

2. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Todd, you have a lot of options to consider...how large is your room?
    Starting with a single 25-31cs+/S1000 and then adding a second down the road might be worthy of thought?
    I wouldn't mix model lines unless you already have a cs/PC and plan on adding a CS+ or CS_Ultra though.
    I usually only advise mixing different sizes in the same model line when you're dealing with a very small room.
    At $1399 our dual 25-31CS+/S1000 combo isn't exactly inexpensive...but I would put it against dual HGS18s down to the 21-24hz range any day of the week [​IMG]
    TV

3. ToddMS

ToddMS Stunt Coordinator

I already own 1 25-31CS. I am in a dorm room...so the space is pretty small- 12x14. I am definitly adding a better amp, as I am currently using a late 70s Pioneer integrated amp which is rated at 75 watts, but I am guessing puts out about 5. I just need to know whether the s700 or s1000 will be most appropriate given my current situation. I will be in the dorm for at least 2 more years, and the thought of adding another sub is more of an idea than a reality at this point- just thinking with the future in mind.

Todd

4. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Oh definitely stay with the S700 Todd, a single 25-31cs is going to run into port compression >250w or so anyway.

If budget is really tight,you can find 400w FIDEKs