Mixing Paradigm Studio and Monitor Line

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Custodio, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

I was all set to upgrade my Paradigm Monitor9, CC370, Adp 170's with Studio 100's, CC center, and Studio 20's. When the guy I usually buy from at my local dealer said go ahead and buy the Studio 20's and the Center. But wait a month or two and he would most likely be able to get me a great deal on the Studio 100's. He said the Paradigm rep was just there a few days ago...that's all he would say.

My question is would the studio CC center speaker be too bad of a mismatch with my Monitor 9's while I wait to for the deal on the 100's? I know I sure won't mind waiting and splitting up the cost of the speakers for a month or two.

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    If it's only a month or two, you will be fine. You will notice it, but it will be worth it when the 100s come in. [​IMG] If he can get you a great deal on the 100s then, why not just get a great deal on all of them then? The Studio line is being updated, so that may be why he can get you a deal.

3. Barry BB

Barry BB Stunt Coordinator

If you use the 20's for your mains until you get the 100's then you will not have a mismatch with the center. Maybe this isn't feasible to use towers as surrounds but I thought that I would throw it out as a suggestion.