Mixing Omnisats with other speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JimmyA, Dec 29, 2002.

1. JimmyA

JimmyA Extra

Dec 24, 2002
    I need four surround/back speakers to compliment a set of front speakers - Klipsch RB-5II's and an RC-3II center channel. The subwoofer will be an SVS 25-31 (or one of their new box subs when they come out in a couple of months).

I wanted to go with the Klipsch RS-3's, but they won't work due to placement problems.

The new Mirage Omnisats would be perfect size-wise, but I'm wondering how they might match up to the Klipsch's from a sound point of view.

I know the proof is in the hearing, but I just haven't made it down to Tweeter yet.

Any gut-feels/impressions on the Omnisats would perform in this environment?
  2. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Nov 21, 2001
    Yikes Jimmy, I don't know the answer, but was wondering the same thing. In fact, my bedroom setup (which is where I do most of my watching/listening) is exactly the same as yours speaker wise, with the exception of a Hsu as opposed to a SVS sub. After reading about the Omnisats, they seemed almost perfect for rear/side speakers by the way they diffuse sound. I'm hoping someone has an opinion, because I'd also worry that the sounds and the way they're diffused would be too unalike and somehow clash, especially on five channel music listening.