What's new

Mixing Martin Logan Amp'd and non Amp'd speakers (1 Viewer)

Zoomer602

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
Hi, Don't know a heck of a lot on speakers - I do like the Martin Logan ones I have heard. Here is my question - If I purchased, for example, a pair of Purity Speakers and a Motif center and Vignette rears, could I run the Pre-Amp out on my Pioneer VSX-1018TXH for the amp'd fronts and then run the amplified outputs for the center channel and rears (which do not have built in amps)? Also a depthi sub?

I guess I am wondering if I can mix amplified and non amplified ML speakers together and for that matter Design and ESL line ML's together? I know the Pioneer is probably weak compared to getting a high end Amp and Pre-Amp but I can only do som much at one time. Am I better just staying with Sources and can I still mix a motif (want the best center channel I can get - but can't afford the new amp'd one)?

I own at this point a paid of Vignettes (still new in the box) and the Pioneer (still new in the box). TV is a Pioneer Elite 60" Kuro.

Zoomer602

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
Are there no Martin Logan experts on here?

If not - then can anyone tell me if running some of the outputs from the pre-amp side of the Pioneer Receiver and some from the Amp'd side at the same time will work?

My basic question is can I mix and match ML's between their amp's and non amplified speakers - will that be a crazy problem for getting things right...

Thanks? Someone - and if not does someone have a forum they suggest that could answer this question?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltby
Recent bookmarks