What's new

Mixing A/V units - is it a good ideea? please help. (1 Viewer)

Dani Anton

Auditioning
Is it a good ideea to mix the A/V units or keep the HT system within the same brand?
For example, I had my eyes on Denon receiver, Panasonic DVD, Sony 400 CD Changer, and speakers.... I don't know yet.
Or shall I buy everything one brand?
Any advise is greatly apreciated.
Thanks

Sathyan

Second Unit
The main reason for remaining within a particular brand is to avoid juggling too many remote controls. However, if your Denon receiver remote can control the Sony CDP and Panny DVD this is not a problem. I have 7 brands in my HT and a minimum of 3 remotes (one for Receiver/Tape/DVD/VCR/TV; another controls CD/DVD/TV/VCR/lights; the third is required by my cable box); my Onkyo receiver remote refuses to control non-Onkyo CD changers.

One other reason is to coordinate recording (CD to Tape, etc.)

Of course this isnt an issue for speakers. Often you can find better speakers from non-electronics brands.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Simplicity for controlling the different components is about the only reason for staying within one brand. I did this with the 2nd system in our master bedroom (Sony TV, DVD player and old Pro Logic receiver) to make it simple for my wife to operate. Performance was a secondary concern for this system. However, in our main system no two components are from the same manufacturer (including the universal remote control). I prefer to add the best component for my needs regardless of manufacturer -- and using a universal remote keeps system operation easy.

Martice

Screenwriter
Simplicity for controlling the different components is about the only reason for staying within one brand. I did this with the 2nd system in our master bedroom (Sony TV, DVD player and old Pro Logic receiver) to make it simple for my wife to operate. Performance was a secondary concern for this system. However, in our main system no two components are from the same manufacturer (including the universal remote control). I prefer to add the best component for my needs regardless of manufacturer -- and using a universal remote keeps system operation easy.
Nuff Said!!! If sound is of importance to you, then name brand similarities is the last thing that you would worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks