What's new

Mix/Match Brands...please write that its okay!!! (1 Viewer)

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
My wife cares more about looks than sound.
She commented last night on how her sister's family HT "matches and looks all neat, all same color".
It is just a $400 Sony HTIB, and additional CD changer and VCR with TV. All Sony.

Ours is totally different for each.
JVC WS TV, JVC HIFI VCR, HK AVR630, NADT533 single DVD player, Klipsch Speakers and a Denon CD changer.

Just ranting. :angry:

I will have her read this thread tonight or tomorrow.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I like the looks of yours much better myself.. :)
lol

Make sure she understands that performance is important to you.

I had worked for years to keep it all black. Since before xmas this is totally blown out the water. Silver HDTV, Silver HDTV Tuner, and now my new DCDi DVD player is silver.

Denon 4802 = Black
Sony CD Mega Changer = Black
Older DVD player Black
SVHS VCR = Black
Denon Laser Disc player = Black

I use shelving above my HDTV to hold it all, I have since added some very light duty black curtains not quite sheer but almost, so I can hide it all, some light can still get through them, but the remotes are less responsive now. Looks nice and tidy when closed.

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Ask her if she wears a blouse form the same co. that made her slacks or jeans.
The same nylons as the dress maker?

Of course you can mix!
People do it all the time.
Not every company excels at all things.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
What I tell my customers is when you purchase a system, pick a manufacturer that does that component the best. IE: Yamaha Reciever, but Boston Speakers. Yamaha doesnt make very good speakers, but they make great receivers, and vice versa.

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
That is the thing. I didn't really plan color wise. I just bought whatever I think has the best performance/price ratio at the time.
Oh well. I guess silver/black combos are not too bad. I am thinking of just rearranging it in a way that the silver gears are on top, and the black at the bottom or vice versa.
But then again, my AVR630 is silver and black. Urrgggghhhhh.

JamesGL

Stunt Coordinator
I thought about that but it is by far, the heaviest unit so it should be at the bottom. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I might put it on the second the bottom instead, since only the VCR is the other silver in the rack (HDTV is silver).:D :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks