What's new

Mix Drinks Made With Ice Cream? (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Anyone have any good recipes for mix drinks made with ice cream? Something along the lines of those shakes Red Robin offers.

My girlfriend is looking for something a little different for tomorrow and I couldn't find anything in any of the mix drink books I own. Personally I'd just as soon stick with beer or scotch, but what the hell, as long as there's booze in it, I'll play along.

Thanks.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I was going to suggest a Grasshopper, which I used to order when I had the drinking habits of a 16 year old girl (7 & 7, rum & coke, etc.)....turns out the Grasshopper is made with shaved ice and cream. Oh well.
Here's one for you, there are others.

Godiva Ice Cream Soda

Godiva Ice Cream

-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/2 ounces Godiva Liqueur
4 ounces Cola
1 Scoop Vanilla Ice Cream

Pour Godiva in tall glass. Add cola. Top with ice cream.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
White Russian.... use some quality vanilla ice cream in addition to the half and half....... Great!

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Problem with ice cream drinks is the alchohol will thin them out very quickly. Therefore you can't use very much booze(or you have to overcompensate with the ice cream). Best to typically stay with liquers like Kahlua, the Godiva mentioned above, etc, rather than vodka, rum, etc. Plus they have much more flavor.

Vanilla ice cream, milk and some Kahlua makes a great frozen Sombrero. Add a touch of Vodka for a frozen White Russian.

But... I doubt you can go drinking these all night without some serious hangovers caused by all the dairy.

Good Luck, Have Fun and Be Safe !!!

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Check this out

Volcano
1 - 2oz 150 proof white rum
Light on fire

Add chocolate and vanilla liqueur ( 1oz each)
to a few scoops of vanilla or chocolate ice cream and mix to a milkshake consistency.

When the fire goes out, add the milkshake mixture to rum and stir gently. Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles and a strawberry.

Enjoy

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Now Richard, that's what I'm talking about. If I have to do foo-foo drinks, I at least want to do ones with attitude!:emoji_thumbsup:

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Although impressive to look at, you're burning off all the alchohol !!!! If you've got a long drive home, it's a great idea... but otherwise....

Another good mixer with ice cream is Baileys.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Although impressive to look at, you're burning off all the alchohol !!!! If you've got a long drive home, it's a great idea... but otherwise....
Just the rum though. You still have the alcohol fully intact in the vanilla and chocolate liqueurs. Just enough alcohol to be a drink. Don't forget, these are girlie drinks.

A pertinent couple of lines from kids in the Hall.
:Hey Ray, it tastes like candy.
:Oh no, I'm a girlie drink drunk.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

Gotcha !

"mmmmm... this tastes great, I don't even taste the alchohol..."

"That's the point, baby... pour you another ?"

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
How about a Mudslide?
Vodka
Khalua
Baileys
Frangelica Liqueur (hazlenut)
Godiva Liqueur (chocolate)
Vanilla or Chocolate ice cream

Not bad....and you can get quite a bit of alcohol in it without it tasting like it!!

(Chicks love 'em....)

Bryan_K

Stunt Coordinator
Mudslides are good. Only drawback is (in resturonts) you will get full before you get a buzz.

Just do a google search. :D

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
Well, Brian, that all depends on how you make them!!!
I have no problem getting my wife pretty buzzed using the above weapon!!

Myself, I prefer an good Belgian Ale...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks