Mitsubishi WT46809

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Blake_L, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Blake_L

Blake_L Auditioning

To anyone who owns this Mitsubishi HDTV I'd appreciate any feedback. I'm looking to purchase this along with the stand (although the stand seems pricey at $300+). Positive and negative feedback would be helpful. Also any competitive HDTV recomendations would be useful. I know the Pioneer Elite is a better quality but i'm not ready to cough up that kind of $$ just yet. This is what I've narrowed my search down to thus far but I'm smart enough to know I don't know alot about this HDTV market.

Thanks in advance-

blake

2. Blake_L

Blake_L Auditioning

In addition to the above stated question- I'm curious to know anything about set top boxes for my 21st century "digital" cable? what type of box do i need to achieve HD quality from this source- talk to me like I'm 5 years old on this subject- i know nothing about set top boxes except that they are expensive.

Thanks for putting up with my ignorance-

blake

3. Ryan_SS

Ryan_SS Extra

Well I do own the 46809 and I love it, I did my comparisons, I checked out all of the various competitors, Tosh, Panny, Sony, Hitch, and to me it had the capability for the best picture for the money, Your right The Elite has a better picture but at a much greater cost. If you are a tweaker this TV will blow you away with its quality. The first this people will do is rag that it has RED PUSH, and while I admit it does, it can be rectified on DVD and other component inputs with 8 dollars in radio shack components, no soldering needed, and a permanent fix for all inputs has been found by building a cable and reprogramming. I don't know if I can mention certian sites on this forum since I am new but there is one spot in particular that is very helpful with mitsu's good luck on your purchace. I have been very happy

4. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

I have the 46809 and it is a great set..It also comes with the "mits promise" of future upgradability...I am not sure what part of the country you are in, but time warner cable and a few other cable companies offer HDTV and provide you with the box at the same monthy cost as the regular digital box...