What's new

Mitsubishi WS-65857 vs. Toshiba 65H80 (1 Viewer)

KenOwen

Auditioning
I'm trying to decide between these two WS sets and would appreciate any feedback/experiences anyone has to share.
Many thanks,
Ken

Dick Doll

Auditioning
Went throught the same reasoned process in deciding what to buy. They are both great sets. My first choice was the Pioneer Elite. It's a great set but relatively overpriced in relation to other sets.
I went with the Mitsubishi WS-55857 as it was the correct size for my environment. The Mitsubishi sets have the same screen resolution as the Pioneer. They also have the "Mitsubishi Promise" of future upgradeability.
The November/December issue of 'The Perfect Vision' has a very good review of the set.
Happy hunting.
Dick

Fabrice

Auditioning
I struggled with the same decision and was bale to look at them side by side. They both are great sets. I went with Toshiba for one main reason. Since I still watch a good amount of 4:3 television and VCR tapes, I found the Toshiba to have a clearer and better picture in the stretch mode. Otherwise, the Mits has the upgrade guarantee and it has a VGA connection on the back. The Toshiba has more power in the speakers. Otherwise, they are comparable.
Good luck in your decisions..

Chris Lock

Second Unit
Any opinions on the Mits 65807 or 55807? Those are the Platinum line versions of the models mentioned here. What are the differences, beyond the -57 models being "better" & more expensive than the -07 ones?

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
I purchased the 55807 last week and I have been vey happy so far, I am getting hd from dish and one ota cbs station. The hd pic has been said to out do even the pioneer elite line and after watching it for a few days I can believe it. it is a stunning pic, best I have ever seen. so far the only calibration I have done is with VE. The quality of regular satellite broadcast vary from very good to fair, I think the compression rate has more to do with this than anything else because the less compressed channels such as pay per view etc look very good to excellent. I am still deciding weather to use s-video or component inputs for these stations.
I must also point out that I am super critical because I have gone from a 34" direct view tv to a 55" rptv and so at this size you notice everything. I got my set from sears at 2579 plus 35 shipping....a bargain and much cheaper than the toshiba. another advantage is you have aspect control over the 480p inputs(but not hdtv inputs) hope this helps. Scott

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
the 55857 and the 55807 are very similar, the difference is the 857 has a low res vga input for computer gaming and the lenses are different, after much research in avs and hometheaterspot it seems the consensus is there is little or no percievable differnce in pic quality between the two. the diamond series has a new focus system that may be an advantage but then we are back up in to the big bucks again. Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks