What's new

Mitsubishi WS-65815 or DLP???? (1 Viewer)

Mike_Reynolds

Auditioning
Well, I have finally gotten the wife's approval to buy a
new HDTV set and move the old 50" Mitsubishi (from 94)
into the basement. My problem is that after a month of research I am still not sure if I am making the right
decision. I am thinking about getting the WS-65816 Diamond
rear projection set with 9" crt's in lieu of an DLP. It looks to me that the large gun/crt sets are still up at the top as far as picture quality goes, is this not true? I really don't want to go over $3K and am not concerned about size and weight. I know that to get the maximum out of the set that I am probably going to be spending some time tuning/setting up the set after I get it. Opinions?? Thanks. Mike Reynolds

Billy Fogerty

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,I know,my Tosh crt still looks great,calibrated from 2002, but I really like the way the DLP's look. I also know two people that have had big problems with the Mitsh 65". Mit"s don't have the greatest rep.

Mike_Reynolds

Auditioning
Wow, That is a surprise to hear about the problems Mitsubishi might have. This will be my 3rd set and
both of my earlier units were Mits. Been really happy with all of them. What prroblems do they have?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks