What's new

Mitsubishi WS-55815 Dish TV problems (1 Viewer)

KitMc

Auditioning
i have recently purchased a Mitsubishi WS-55815 and have a problem where it has excellent reception on the HD (over the air) channels but what I will call "dull" reception on the Dish TV channels. Any advise?

Elinor

Supporting Actor
This is not abnormal. You have a Hi Def set. Low def (SD) channels are going to range from very very bad to pretty good. Some that look pretty good to me over Dish are QVC, FoodTV, HGTV. Some of the other shopping channels look very bad to me (Gem Shopping?). Remember, the SD channels are designed to look good on a 19" CRT. YOu are magnifying it way beyond what the signal was ever intended to be displayed at.

Some people output the signal both via DVI/component and some SD output (composite or svideo). They find the SD channels look better over a SD connection. You can try this.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I notice lots of compression when I watch cartoons (woohoo, Family Guy and Futurama!!!) on DirecTV on a NON-HD 32" Sharp flat CRT.

I cannot imagine what it would look like on a TV like you have.

Oh well, you have DVD's and HDTV to enjoy!

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Kit, what you're describing sounds normal. What Dish receiver do you have, the 811? I have the 811 HD receiver, and the HD reception is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks