Mitsubishi WS-55411 on its way to my door tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Trenton McNeil, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Trenton McNeil

Trenton McNeil Second Unit

Just thought I'd share. I can finally feel like part of the semi-elite home theater owners of the forum. [​IMG]

*GASP!* One of our ex-moderators didn't own a large-screen home theater display!??!? THE HORROR!!!

Yes, I always felt underqualified. [​IMG] BUT NO MORE!

2. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

I am sure you know what to do with this TV when you first turn it on, but I am going to repeat it anyway. Imediatly knock down the contrast to 50% or lower then watch it for awhile, I have the same set and it takes a couple weeks to settle down, I didnt run VE on it for about 2 weeks, I was fiddling with it all the time, now after 3 months I never have to touch it unless I move it, it takes a little while to settle down even after moving it. At first I was not impressed but I am now. . .

3. Trenton McNeil

I knocked contrast down to 50 immediately, and then dropped sharpness all the way down +1 notch. Will watch a movie every night this week most likely, then will do VE this weekend.

Thanks for the tip!

Its surreal to finally own one of these things...kind of like I never thought I'd ever actually own one...

Crazy. [​IMG]

4. Trenton McNeil

One thing I am going to LOVE about this TV is the input memory, and the ability to defeat SVM on a per-input basis. I'm debating whether or not to get a prog. scan dvd player tonight, or go ahead and get my HTPC back up and running. DECISIONS DECISIONS! [​IMG]