What's new

Mitsubishi WS-48311 Moving Grey Bars (1 Viewer)

Rory

Grip
Greetings!

I have a new (2 months) Mitsu WS-48311 and just had something interesting happen. When watching 4:3 programing in the narrow format the grey bars moved. The picture used to be perfectly centered in the screen with two equally sized grey bars to the left and right. As of last weekend the picture has shifted to the left with the left grey bar about 3" thick and the right 6" thick. The viewable picture is the same.

I've heard two things.

1) This is a problem and get a service tech in to fix it.

2) This is something Mitsubishi has programmed into the set
to do occasionally to reduce the effects of burn-in.
(Nowhere is this mentioned in the owners manual. Also, I
called my local Mitsu service center (Abt Electronics)
and talked to a tech, and he never heard of such a thing)

Whatcha all think about this?

I don't want to hang around for a service call if it's unnecessary, but I don't want to wait and have "bad" things happen if it's not.

Hmmmm?

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Rory,

I've read many places that this is indeed a feature of Mits sets designed to minimize burn in. Many owners of previous model year sets have reported it, don't see any reason why current ones wouldn't do the same thing.

As long as everything else is ok, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Dalila

Stunt Coordinator
It's done by Mits on purpose to avoid burn in. So don't worry, that's how it should be :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation239
Recent bookmarks