What's new

Mitsubishi WD-73837 snowy picture (1 Viewer)

CatLee2006

Auditioning
Real Name
Cristina
Please help. I'm at a loss.
While watching TV yesterday, all was fine, then suddenly, the screen went to snow. No picture could be seen, just solid snow. Sound was still coming through.
This is not "white dots"! I replaced the DLP chip earlier this year. Last week, I replaced the bulb and lamp.
Switched from satilite to PS4 and still snow and sound was fine.
Satilite picture will flash real quick every once in a while.
Ran diagnostic and it read 12, which means all is fine.
Could it be the capacitors? Do I need a new board?
It's a 10+ year old set....is it even worth repairing?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
If it was the bulb/lamp you wouldn't see snow. I know you tried different devices, but did you try different inputs? If they are all bad then it is something else. There aren't many parts in these sets. Usually one or two circuit boards, a light engine and blub. You might be able to find a replacement board for sale online.

If you could do it cheaply/yourself (under $100) then maybe, especially if you don't have the budget to replace it. If you need to send it to a repair shop then no. Honestly TVs today are going to give you a much better picture, and Costco has 75" models starting at under 1000 (not recommending you get the cheapest one, just an example of how inexpensive they can be for a comparable size to yours).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks