What's new

Mitsubishi TV picture control (1 Viewer)

Bo-Cephus

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
I have an "old" (2001) Mitsubishi 55" HD-compatible TV, with several different picture formats. For HD broadcasts of course I prefer the "standard", but with lesser broadcasts I prefer the "stretched" format.

My problem is that when I recently switched to Direct TV, the HD20 receiver also has its own formatting. Unfortunately, none of them are "standard" (they have stretched, pillar box, etc.).

I want my TV to automatically switch to the proper format (which it did when I had Comcast), but now with Direct it seems a little more complicated. Direct has a "native" setting, which I guess theoretically allows the TV to determine screen format, but if that';s the case then why are there several different "native" settings from Direct (Native stretched, native pillar boxed, etc.). Anyone have advice/opinions and/or have had experience with this? Hopefully this is the correct forum for this issue. Thanks.

Shane Harg

Second Unit
How do you have it hooked up? Component video, I assume. I had a 2000 Mitsu 55" RPTV, while I was living over there and remember that as long as it was being fed an HD signal, I could not change the aspect ratio. It stayed in 16:9 format. I would think that you could leave the TV on 16:9 and then change the aspect on your STB to suit your needs, but then again, I've never had digital satellite. Only Comcast digital cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks