What's new

Mitsubishi TV, doesn't work in 480i (1 Viewer)

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator
Im having troubles with a few consoles on my Mitsubishi 52" RPTV HDTV.

Honestly it took a while till I noticed a problem, first off I have HD cable, 480p DVD, and Xbox 480p.

When I boot up the Xbox now, it flickers like scrolling fast, when in the dashboard, or initial load. as soon as a game comes up though its in 480p and everything looks fine. I let that go, because it didn't affect me.

Last week I tried my Dreamcast, and plugged it in using composite, and I couldn't get a picture. I sold it to a friend, and it worked fine on his TV, so its not the console.

Tonight I tried to play my Turbo grafix 16, and Im plugging it into Antenna A input(coax), and I cannot get a picture.

what could be wrong??? Im totally out of ideas here. Will a TV work fine in 480p and 1080i and not work with 480i??

Also I had to not use the netcommand setup stuff, when using my Logitech 880 remote, could this be a problem?? I screwed around with that tonight, but it shouldn't affect the antenna input at all. also when I did the ANT - A scan I didn't pickup any signal when my Turbo Grafix was OFF, but when on, Channel 3 was found, so Im pretty shure its working.

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure that HDTVs can't display a 480i image. Any 480i content will be upconverted to 480p or some other custom resolution (my Sony RP HDTV does a weird 960i upconversion or a 480p, depending on what DRC mode I choose).

However, I don't understand why the TV wouldn't upconvert your video games too. Sorry.

Maybe emulation software is your solution.

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator
My DVD player before I upgraded was 480i. It said 480i on the display text on the TV. Same with my old cable before the HDTV box.

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit
Well, if your TV can convert other 480i sources to 480p or whatever, then don't know why it won't do it with your video games.

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator
So no one knows whats wrong here??

Anyone else experience a problem with 480i on their Mits TV. 2nd time I've had 0 answers to my questions. Where's a good forum where I could get help?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks