Mitsubishi to be sold at Best Buy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Wallace, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Thought everyone would like to know. There's a page on it at TWICE.com (sorry, no link). I was at one of their stores the other day, before the press release and they were telling me about it. They apparently have alot of requests for their HDTV's. Looks to happen within a month or two.My Best Buy card is on deck!

Matt

2. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

I wonder if they are going to carry their entire line including the Diamond series or if they will carry just the lower lines like they do with Pioneer(no Elites).

DJ

3. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

Best Buy will not carry diamonds ........ work for the goodguys .... mits decided to use the rest of the vacant space in its production facilities to make more ..... Best Buy has them already and should be rollin them out aug.

4. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

5. Matt Heebner

Matt Heebner Stunt Coordinator

Comparing any RPTV's, ESPECIALLY at a Best Buy would not be a very good measurement comparison. Try to do any comparing at a higher end dealer that might actually have the setings more normal, even possibly calibrated, and with a true HD channel playing. I laugh out loud at Best Buy and Sears when I look at the TV's. I am totally amazed anyone would even buy seeing how they look.

Matt

6. Andrew_Ballew

Andrew_Ballew Second Unit

Actually- around here its Circuit City that makes HD look laughable. Last time I was in there- the HD feeds looked like NTSC over-the-air via rabbit ears. NO JOKE!

Cheers

Andrew B.

7. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

To compare, I'm not looking for the "experience" but to play with features : ) I know ALL about lighting, sources, etc.

Matt

8. Jason Caudill

Jason Caudill Stunt Coordinator

Best Buy is no longer going to carry the Pioneer line (supply issues) and that is why they picked up Mitsubishi. I have heard that Toshiba is none too happy about this turn of events.

9. Trace Downing

Trace Downing Supporting Actor

Trace Downing
    Oh' so they decided to come back![​IMG]
    A little history. Back in 1989-90, Best Buy carried Mitsubishis. When the decree came down that BB would go non-commission, sometime in mid-year '90, everybody was pissed! Including me, but that's another story.:b
    Mitsubishi was especially "dissapointed". Once the stores re-opened with a "new philosophy", Mistu pulled their semis up to the dock and took every last item they made out of the stores. It was Mitsu's belief that non-commissioned sales staffs wouldn't know what they're doing, and couldn't care less about delighting the customers...I believe there's some truth to this.
    We all thought the rumors were just a bunch of hot gas. Then...one day, the blue shopping carts arrived. Then we (the employees) knew that the Earth had come to an end.[​IMG]