What's new

Mitsubishi - "The Rolls Royce of TVs" ??? (1 Viewer)

EGM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Galen
In retrospect, I think that I intially took offense at his bad-mouthing my set as a personal affront. However, I remembered that during his sales-pitch drivel he also put down the Elite series of HDTVs also. I now realize what was wrong...
This guy had no clue what he was talking about.
I feel much better with my 'Acura of TVs'. Thanks for your input everyone. :)
GM

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Actually Stephen, Volkswagen, who owns Bentley, was quite upset when BMW won the bid for Rolls. They paid a pretty penny for it too. While I'd personally never buy a Rolls (but maybe a Bentley if I were a multi-millionaire), there is something wonderfully patrician about them that a Mercedes or Ferrari can't achieve. Still, on the "value" meter, Rolls Royce rates poorly. Still, if you can afford one, "value" probably doesn't factor into your decision, and there's something to be said for a 6000 lb. automobile that goes 0-60 in 6 seconds.
As for the salesman's comment, it was bad form. Toshiba and Mitsubishi both make excellent TVs. The guy probably doesn't even know what the Rolls Royce of TVs is: the Madrigal 9 or the Vidikron Vision One. For an RPTV, the honor would go to Pioneer Elite which are the best, but you pay for it. I own a Toshiba as well and I love it.
------------------
"Home is where the theater is!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks