Mitsubishi SR-HD500 Receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kerry Beverly, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Kerry Beverly

Kerry Beverly Auditioning

I am concerned about the noticeable heat (102.4 F in my crude measurement) generated by this device when it is powered off. The source seems to centered over a log bright object to the left side of the box.

This is actually the second unit (the first refused to find our PBS station). I don't remember the heat in the first unit.

Do others have this problem/non-problem?

Thanks

2. Kerry Beverly

Kerry Beverly Auditioning

This from Mitsubishi

Thank you for contacting Mitsubishi Digital Electronics America, Inc. We

are pleased to be able to assist our customers via our website. Here is the

information that you have requested:

Set does stay warm, but should not be too warm as to not be able to leave

your hand on it. Be sure set has adequate ventilation and nothing is on top

of it.

3. RichardK

RichardK Second Unit

I purchased one of these and will get it up and running this evening. i will have it sitting on an open a/v rack with 9" spacing, nothing directly on top of course.

i'll let you know about the heat, cause this baby is gonna be on all night!

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Your satellite receiver is never really off. When you hit the power button, you just turn off the video output. It is still downloading guide data from the satellite stream.

-Robert

5. DanP

DanP Agent

Well I've had this unit for a couple months, and it gets pretty warm, yeah. But not stupidly hot. I have 2 other HD STB's that dont get quite as warm, but they have fans built in and the Mitsu doesnt.

6. Scott Gilbert

Scott Gilbert Stunt Coordinator

I have had this unit for about 6 months now. I do have it on the top shelf with lots of room on the sides and top. It replaced a sony box. I do not find it to be any warmer then any of my 3 other sony boxes. I also have to say I love it. THe HDTV out put is awsome and the second RF remote is great I now can leave one remote in my kitchen and one by the main unit. All I have to say is bring on more HDTV broadcasting. In my opionion everything should be done in HDTV from this point on.