What's new

Mitsubishi Silver Plus 55" - Model WS-55413 - Questions (1 Viewer)

Mark_H

Stunt Coordinator
Will be picking up a Mitsubishi Silver Plus 55 inch Model WS-55413 soon and have some questions.

1. Anyone have personal experience with this or simular model Mitsubishi's?

2. Should I be concerned that this model apparently does not support 720p inputs? I know some video game consoles use this but I don't use game consoles at all.

3. What is the general consensus regarding Mitsubishi's reputation for performance and reliability compared to other Projection TV's? (Hitachi, Sony, Toshiba, etc.)

Any other advice or comments appreciated, I will have a short time to return this unit if I need to so I want to make sure its a keeper.

Thanks.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
1. I've got the WS-55411 (last year's model). The picture is good out of the box. Tweak it with Avia or VE and it's great. This year's model has individual color correction on component inputs which I really miss on my TV. I've corrected for the red push on the regular inputs but not the component inputs.

2. I don't notice any loss in quality when watching a 720p to 1080i coverted show. ESPN HD and ABC both look great when converted.

3. Reputation and tweakability (is that a word) was a big factor in getting a Mits.

-Robert

Mark_H

Stunt Coordinator
Robert_J:

Thanks for your response.

I see the Avia and Video Esentials test CD's mentioned alot.
Where do I get one of these and are they expensive?
Does is matter which one I get or are they pretty much interchangeable?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks