What's new

mitsubishi projection (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
i am thinking of purchasing either a Mitsubishi ws-65809 or ws-55809...and comments from those with experience with this manufacturer?....help would be appreciated. thanks

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
Bob,

You will find many who are very satisfied with this product (I am a WS-55819 owner myself) and some who are not satisfied, but unfortunately the same will be true of other leading brands as well, which may not give you what you are looking for.

If you have some more specific questions, you might do well to pose those questions to the membership and see if we can address particular concerns that you have.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I am currently using a 45" Mitsubishi RPTV that that my dad bought new back in 1986. I can say that they make a long lasting product. I would definately buy another RPTV from them.

Now if I could just afford a newer model...

Scott Basham

Stunt Coordinator
Bob,

I just finished shopping for a RPTV. I orginally bought a 43" Hitachi HDTV, but wasn't very happy with it. I went with only a 43", because I thought I would not have enough room for a bigger one and because my living room is wide, but short and I thought any bigger would be too big.

Well, to make a long story short, I was wrong. I ended up with the Mitsubishi 55809 widescreen high def. and absolutely love it. Naturally, it is wider than the 43", but is really close to, if not shallower than the 43, so I still have plenty of room. Compared to the Hitachi, the picture is better (everyone who has seen both in my house agrees), it has plenty of room for a center speaker on top, has better user controls and it doesn't require a stand like the smaller sets.

Going from a tube to rear projection is a change, but I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Mitsubishi. The best part of my purchase was that Sears came down off their sale price and as a promotional offer from Sears and Mits, I was entitled to 2 dvd PLAYERS! I exchanged my Sears dvd player for a Sony hi-fi vcr and my player from Mitsubishi should be in the mail any day. I'll decide between my Mits and Yamaha dvd player and sell the other.

Okay, enough rattling from me.. anybody else have two cents?

RichardK

Second Unit
i recently purchased a 65907 (last yr. diamond). its great, the wife likes it, and best of all it REALLY impresses my family, friends, coworkers etc... i am the MAN! ha ha.

i prefer the look (cabinet) of the plat+ and diamond mits over any of the other sets out there.

DanaA

Screenwriter
I probably shouldn't be posting here because I'm so new to RPTV, although I've been actively looking for a couple of years. I had looked at all the major manufacturers and felt that several was excellent, but the set that did the most for me was the Mitsubishi 55859. For one, it has firewire, which I wanted, just to be sure. Secondly, I've found the set to be very ergonomic. I also know there is a lot of talk about the line doubler used in Mitsubishis, but I'll leave that up to people more experienced than I with RPTV. I will say that the picture has pleased me quite a bit. The most amazing thing is that it seemed huge in my bedroom when I first got it, but after 5 days my eyes/mind have adjusted to it.

David Judah

Screenwriter
I have a 55908 and I am very pleased with it. It was a bit rough out of the box, but it cleaned up nicely after some tweaks from The Spot.

One benefit of Mits' in the current market is their upgrade promise.

We will engineer and manufacture the upgrades necessary so the television you purchase today can be made compatible with near-future advances in digital television and digital interconnectivity. Specifically, we promise that you will be able to have your television upgraded, at a reasonable cost, to include an off-air HDTV tuner, a cable TV tuner (for unscrambled programming), an IEEE 1394 (FireWire®) connection, HAVi system control, and 5C copy protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks