What's new

Mitsubishi Owners: No 720p? (1 Viewer)

Ken_S

Auditioning
While reading the specs on Mitsi's Gold and Platinum series RPTV's, I noticed they do not have any listing for a 720p mode. Is this true? And if so, those of you who can get ABC's HDTV feed, can u tell it's being converted to 1080i?
Also, how happy are you with your set? Likes, dislikes?

Ken

Tyler DJW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tyler
Mitsubishis will not accept a 720p signal on the DTV composite (or RGBHV) inputs. If you are using an external tuner it should allow for conversion of a 720p signal from ABC for example, to be converted to 1080i which the Mits will then accept. If you go with the platinum series internal tuner, it converts 720p to 1080i internally, so it's transparent to the viewer that it even takes place.

I just set up a 48511 (platinum series) on Friday and watched the 2 hour Alias on ABC last night and it looks fantastic. It looked a little softer than native 1080i, but still obviously HD quality.

For me the only thing I am missing out on is 720p from XBOX because I cannot scale it to 1080i without an external scaler.

Hope that helps.:)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've got the 55411 and it's got a great picture for HD (Hughes E-86 receiver) and a good picture for SD (DirecTivo). I only watch NYPD Blue on ABC. The picture is always great. I can't tell any difference between it and native 1080i on CBS.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks