Mitsubishi or Other Brand (TV Advice Please)?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by David Willow, Jan 24, 2004.

1. David Willow

David Willow Babbling Idiot

Jan 23, 2004
    First, let me say thank you to everyone for making this forum so informative. I've been reading posts for the last few weeks and I learned so much in a very short time. Very well done!!!

I'm pretty much a newbie. I'm making my first attempt to build my home theater.

I need some advice on the TV. I want the biggest one I can get without sacrificing the picture quality. In other words, I'd rather have a 48 inch that looks excellent than a 55 inch that only looks average. It has to be High Def - I do not need the tuner built in. My budget is $2000.

So far I looked at the Panasonic PT47WX53, the Sony KP46WT510, and the Hitachi 46W500. Yesterday I got serious and went to a 'real' store (instead of Circuit City and Best Buy) and found two Mitsubishis that I really like: The WS-48413 for $1800 and the WS-55413 for $2000. Do you think it is worth it to buy the Mitsubishi over a similar size Sony or Hitachi that cost $500 less?

Thank you.
  2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Aug 22, 2000
    I went with a Mitsu based on the reviews of people over at Home Theater Spot. Everyone said that a calibrated picture on a Mitsu was spectacular. I've only tweaked my WS-55411 with Video Essentials and the HD and DVD (480p) picture is great. I'm hoping that Craig Miller will be in the area this spring and I can get a full calibration.