What's new

Mitsubishi HDTV from OTA problem/question (1 Viewer)

Bill Austin

Auditioning
Ok I have a Mitsubishi ws65907 TV, using the Mitsubishi sr hd5 HDTV box and a rooftop antenna in to grab the HDTV signal. I live in the Chicago IL area, I can pull in 5,7,9,32 in HDTV and it's AWESOME! for some reason though I can't get channel 2,,,,
But my biggest problem/question is that the picture I get is about 15% too big for the screen, bottom or top text seems to be cutoff.
When the signal is true HDTV I can't adjust the format size for HDTV thru the TV (says it cant perform the function) and by using the sr hd5 thru direct tvs menus to adjust picture size again it says the same thing, (when getting a HDTV signal you cant change the viewing format - zoom, stretch, crop etc), it's a great picture and all, but the size of each of the HDTV signals (all channels) seems about 15% too big for my screen, (almost as if I had hit some zoom button once) and I can't figure out if there is anyway to adjust this.
Has anyone else seen this type of thing?
I admit I am new to all of this but have done a lot of reading thru both the TV and decoder box manuals and haven't come across a way to fix this if it's even possible.
Bill :)
------------------

MikeEn

Stunt Coordinator
This is pretty common on Mits, apparently. (My 46" had quite a bit of overscan in HD mode.) You can fix it with 'service mode' adjustments, if you want to, or get a tech out to fix it. Visit www.hometheaterspot.com and you'll find more info in their forum than you can ever read or comprehend during a normal human lifespan. Look in the Mits tweeks section.
------------------

GarryW

Stunt Coordinator
Bill:
Congrats on the new Mits! I'm hoping to get a 65" this fall.
Unfortunaltly, CBS will not be broadcasting HDTV signals until August 28th. This is about 6 months later than they promised, hopefully they will keep their promise this time.
Your other problems are related to overscan. I would go and get the AVIA DVD for about $20, or you can rent it. For owners of a large screen RPTV, I'm sure that you'll want to tweak that set a few times in the future, and $20 isn't that much compared to what a set like that cost.
Where do you buy it? I was thinking about getting mine at Tweeter or ABT.

Bill Austin

Auditioning
Garry,
Bought my Mits 65907 at Tweeter Schaumburg IL, the salesman Bob Clanfield was really helpful in letting me take my time messing with each of the models and answering questions about the differences etc.
I ended up buying the ws65907 for $4720 and the hd400 hdtv box for $759 and I also opted for the 5 year warranty $569.
They had 12 month financing so I took advantage of that and will pay it off within the next 11 to save interest.
I know it was no big bargain and I probably could have even gotten a better deal online or maybe some other local shop (yes I looked around too) but Tweeter and Bob C. were very good to me (vs some other places just blowin ya off if you didn't buy today) I went back to tweeter like 4 times before I bought a TV, and I feel good service is a big part of such a major purchase, each time though Bob was right there to let me check another set out or answer anything I might have a question on about the models.
You can call him (Bob C) tweeter @ 847-605-0033 or e-mail him at mailto:[email protected]
------------------

Tom_F

Auditioning
Bill, you need to bargain more!
I just paid $4400 for my 65907, $601 for the HD400 and $349 for a five year extended warranty. This was all purchased from my local Good Guys store on a price match, after I got Tweeter down to these prices.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.