Mitsubishi HC3

Discussion in 'Displays' started by BrianMe, Feb 21, 2005.

1. BrianMe

BrianMe Stunt Coordinator

In early Feb, Mitsubishi dropped the retail on their HC3 from like $2,799 to $999. I've been searching around here to see if there has been any buzz, and basically it looks like nada, nothing. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Is it just such a so-so projector that you wouldn't even consider it with the other options out there? What are the thoughts.

I'm looking to outfit my new house with an FP and am looking to spect $1000-$1500 or so.

Brian

2. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Jim
    Brian, there's a review of the HC3 at Projectorcentral.com.
    It's the first 16:9 projector to go below $1,000. Is $1500 your max. just for projector, or screen also? You need to decide if you want an LCD or DLP projector, and if you want native 4:3 or 16:9. You can make your own screen and save a lot of money. My DIY 106" diagonal screen cost me about $40.00. While you're at above site, read the
    section, "Highly Recommended Projectors".

3. BrianMe

BrianMe Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the information. I'm new to the FP world, and I'm looking to get in at the lower end of the spectrum. $1500 would be max for the projector, with screen, cables, mount, etc. on top of that. Primary purpose would be DVDs and maybe some Xbox now and then. It is not in a dedicated room, so there is some ambient light. It would mostly be used at night, however, so light would be significantly minimized, but not eliminated.

I'm thinking either the HC3 or the Infocus 4805. The HC3 seems to have better specs as far as lumens given my lighting issues. I'm going to start another post here on my needs, but if you have any thoughts, or anyone has the HC3, please respond.

Brian