What's new

Mitsubishi DLP: Where and when to purchase? (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
As the Holidays approach, the customary debate begins for those of us in the market for a new HDTV. This will be my first. I have my eye on one of the newer series DLP's; can't decide on the 837 or 738.

HH Gregg is an electronics institution here in Indianapolis. They have a great reputation in the community and I've purchased numerous times from them. Fry's is the more recent big player in town with a much bigger selection, but I've never purchased from them. With either, though, I have (hopefully) the benefit of locally-based customer service should a problem develop. On a related note: if I extend the warrenty out, say, three years, what's the likelihood I'll need to call on them to replace a bulb or two in that period of time?

ShopNBC frequently features the Mitsubishi DLP, often devoting entire hours to showcasing its many merits. They currently have a great deal going on the 738 series, bundled with a Sony 3D BluRay and two pairs of glasses. Has anyone ever purchased from them?

Now, the *when*: most aggesive deal after Thanksgiving, just before Christmas, right after New Year...

Anybody out there with a crystal ball?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I didn't see a model number, but Costco had a 60" Mits this weekend in store for $799. It multipe HDMI connections and a 3D IR output. I don't think you are going to see much of a price swing between now and January of 2011 as there are no no models coming out. I've never bought from ShopNBC, but they don't strike me as a place that would have the best deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks