What's new

Mitsubishi 65" WS-65807 RPTV (1 Viewer)

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Widescreen, High Definition ready! This set is in immaculate condition. Used mainly for DVD's, very little TV. Contrast and brightness have been set low (calibrated levels) since day one. Absolutely NO burn-in. Other calibrated items: Electrostatic and manual focus, SVM set to 1, cabinet lined with Duvetyne, 64 pt. convergence, geometry set (speed bumps removed), overscan adjusted, Avia.
PLUS it still has a full Sears extended warranty good until April 2004!
$1,900.00
I don't really want to try shipping this beast, so I'll deliver it anywhere in Alabama. If you're in the southeast but not in Alabama maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle. Let me know if you're interested
[email protected]

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
David-
You might want to post your ad in some of the Atlanta local HT boards (the two I frequent are Link Removed and Link Removed) to get some more local exposure. Not sure where Clanton is, but that is a heck of a deal on a set, so someone might be willing to drive to meet you.

Scott Basham

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanted to say that I bought an SVS Ultra a while back from David and it was in fine condition and as advertised. He's a good guy.

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Scott, how you doing? Is that Ultra still rocking the house? My dual 16-46CS+'s are as awesome as ever. Overkill actually, but hey it's fun to show off ain't it?

If you know of anybody who might be interested in a great deal on a REALLY BIG TV, please pass the word to them.

Thanks, and happy new year!

David

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Brian, where are you in Florida? If you're not too far south, we could possibly meet halfway.

David

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
By the way, just checked the local Tweeter last night, and their regular price for the 65" Gold model Mits (equivalent to Platinum in my year-model) is $3,199. Their sale prices are typically about $300 off. So on sale you could get one for $2,899. Tax on that (here in Alabama) would be $231.92. I didn't ask about delivery, but I'm guessing at least $50. So from the local B&M, the equivalent TV would cost you close to $3,200 delivered. AND it wouldn't look nearly as good as my tweaked machine. (and you wouldn't save over a grand).

If you do lots of research (especially at hometheaterspot in the Mits forum), you'll find that the XX807 models are highly regarded and some feel that the two models since are NOT improvements!

David

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Please I have to tell this story here. . . I owned the 807, then 809 and now a 411 Mits I run them 24/7 and never had 1 hiccup, anyway my job takes me all over the country and one evening sitting in a little sports bar in northern Mich. we were trying to watch a ballgame on a big screem Mits about 50inch, the convergance was so bad you couldnt make out what was happening, I asked the waitress if I could see the remote, we were the only ones there, she brought over a little universal remote, said the original remote was lost years ago, all you could do is vol up or down, power up or off and change channels. I asked her how old this set was and she said it was there when she started and she had been there 18 years. I asked if it had ever been serviced, she said no but I could fool with it if I wanted to. . .I managed to access some of the menu by standing on the table and was able to set the convergance somewhat. You might have thought I was Jesus after I tweaked on it, the thing really came around. Point is this old Mits over 20 years old running at default settings, anyone familar with Mits knows they are wide open contrast etc, etc. I was amazed that this thing still had a fine picture after playing almost 24/7 for almost 20 years, I left with a new appreciation of Mits big screens, try that with any other RPTV and see how long the CRTs last.
Sorry to but in but I couldnt help it. . .

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
HEY, WHO SAID YOU COULD HIJACK MY THREAD!?
Just kidding :) Neat story! Reminds me of a few years ago, my wife and I were lucky enough to spend a weekend in her boss's condo in Florida. He was a heart surgeon, so you can just imagine the level of luxury in this place. Anyway, he had a really nice Mitsubishi big screen that must have been at least 50" (pretty big back then). I turned it on and immediately realized how horrible it looked. Back then I didn't know much about HT, but I did know what convergence was. I finally found the convergence knobs (IIRC they were on the back). In about two minutes I had that baby looking pristine. Man I was proud of myself! I never mentioned it to him, but I sure bet he wondered why it looked so much better the next time he stayed there.
The Mits's are killer sets aren't they?

Phil Carter

Second Unit
Real Name
Phil
David,

I have to admit my interest is piqued, but I have to wonder why you're selling such a large TV that's been so extensively tweaked for such a low price. Did you recently acquire an even larger beast, or what?

cheers,
Phil

Sanjay H

Agent
David,
After reading your post it seems like you are very knowledgable in tweaking Mitsubishi big screen TV's, so here is my request for help:
I own a 55" mitsu WS55807 and it seems to have a speed bump little above the middle of the TV. How can i get rid of this. Help. Thanks.

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Sanjay,
My wife said she knows how to fix your problem. She said "buy ours, it doesn't have a speed bump" :D
Seriously though, my 65807 had a minor speed bump too when I first got it, in about the same place as yours. It wasn't too hard to fix. It's just a matter of correcting the geometry of the set.
But I'd be afraid to try and tell you exactly how to get into the service menu where you need to adjust geometry. It's been awhile since I did it, and I just don't remember the specific remote commands.
When I first got the Mits, I learned a lot of tweaking techniques over at hometheaterspot.com in the Tweaks forum. At that time it was free information just like any other info on the site. But now they've restricted the Mitsubishi tweaks forum to paid members only. I think the minimum membership is $25, and I think it's worth it if you really want your TV to look it's best. But if you just ask the question "how do I correct a speed bump?" in the Mitsubishi forum over there, some of the guys who are current on that stuff would probably help you out.
I really would love to help you, but if I told you one wrong thing, you could seriously screw something up.
Good luck!
David

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks