Mitsubishi 62825 Diamond TV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ed J, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Ed J

Ed J Auditioning

Greetings and Happy New Year to all.
    Well it is a new year and the Mitsubishi 62825s are out and I am trying to get some feedback as to whether they are still the hot item and as good as everyone expected prior to ordering. I have my stereo equipment on order and have to order a tv. Any input?
    Thanks
    Ed J

2. GregGMan

GregGMan Auditioning

I would only recommend the 825 if you can live with it's inherent flaws. 1)Loud fan noise. 2)Bright spot on screen during dark scenes {DLP light engine leakage}. The positives are 1)better than average Standard def and 2)GREAT 720p Hi Def! Built in Hard drive seems pricey and an external unit would seem to make more sense due to failing hardware prices. Good luck. If you like the pitcure the 62725 offer same PQ for less $$.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Ed, unless your post was in response to a review of this product in the pages of WSR, then it should be posted here in Display Devices. Which is now where it is.

4. Ed J

Ed J Auditioning

Greg,
    Thanks for your input about the 62825. I will take another look at the tv and check out the 62725 more closely. There is only one place in Anchorage, Ak to purchase these and they are close to retail pricing. They are also the only ones to service them. So, I'm stuck with the high prices. It is very difficult to find reviews on those tvs. I have been looking. Thanks again.
    Ed

5. GregGMan

GregGMan Auditioning

Ed,
    No Problem! The fan noise might not be an issue and you can only see the bright spot when you view the TV in a dark room. There are some pitcures on the NET of this issue, just search for them. The best price quoted in my area for the 62725 is $3700 from the local Tweeter store. I returned my 62725 for a Diamond WS-65813 CRT Rear Projection. So far I love it. Good luck in your search.

6. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Ed:

I picked up the 62725. Like Greg I didn't see any reason to spend the extra dollars on a set that had a built in PVR. Other than that and some cabinet changes the 62825 and the 62725 are the same.

The main reason that I picked this set up as opposed to the others that I looked at including the Samsung, Panasonic, JVC and Hitachi is that SDTV looked the best. One of the main points that held me back from buying a DLP or LCD TV was how SDTV looked on them. With the Mits I don't have that problem at all. Also, with its built in HD tuner and the fact that all my local channels are in Hi Def I am able to get HD for all the major networks.

I cannot recommend the Mits RPTV any higher. Unless you want to pay for a built in PVR though I would go for the 62725 over the 62825.

I wish I could help you out on a place that would get it for you at a cheaper price on it.

Parker

7. Ed J

Ed J Auditioning

Thanks Greg, and Parker for your input. Thats what I was looking for. The 62825 was going to cost me $5999 up here. Then $500 for the stand. I see them online for $4400 plus shipping. I will take a look at the 725. I was told the 825 had much larger lenses and since the focusing area was the center of the lens it got a better picture. Supposedly had a slightly better glare shield. The recorder I would not be able to use up here with the way our cable system is set up. At least according to the retailer. Anyway, thanks again.
    Ed