What's new

Mitsubishi 55809 and ext. warranty (1 Viewer)

Roger_C

Stunt Coordinator
I'm thinking of getting a Mitsubishi 55809 and wondered if these prices were competitive.

The TV is $2571 and a 5-year warranty is $400.

Is the TV worth getting at that price?

How about the warranty?

Rik P

Stunt Coordinator
Ive had mine since SEPT and paid pretty much the same thing, 2500 for the TV and 400 for the warranty. I decided to go with the warranty because you never know. And also this is my first RPTV and did not know what to expect.
BTW, i really love this TV although Sat TV looks OK. DVD (Progessive Scan)and HD look Awsome. Dont foget to go to the the SPOT for all the latest Mits tweaks The Home Theater Spot

Roger_C

Stunt Coordinator
This will be my first RPTV as well. I usually avoid the extended warranties though. This one has annual cleanings. Is that something I could easily do myself?

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
You can clean it a least as well as a Sears "technician". However, repair costs on a $2500 TV could be VERY expensive if something fails after the warranty is up! I bought a two year extended waranty for my 65807, and will decide before it is up whether to extend it an additional 3 years or not. I normally wouldn't touch an extended warranty, but my Pioneer Elite receiver failed a few weeks ago, just 1 month out of warranty.

Good luck!

Pete

Roger_C

Stunt Coordinator
How do you like the 65807? I was thinking of the 65809 for $500 more than the 55809.

Users who are viewing this thread