1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Mitsubishi 55313 vs 55513 RPTV

Discussion in 'Displays' started by DanielKellmii, Jul 23, 2004.

1. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

OK, I can get the 55313 (silver series) for $1298 or the 55613 (GoldPlus Series) for $1698. The TV will be used for for standard cable TV and watching DVDs. I care about getting the best picture for DVDs. Eventually, my cable system will go completly digital, but for now I don't think it is worth paying for digital cable. The differences that I can see are that the 613 has the HD receiver built in and it has something called QuadField Focus.
    So, is it worth the extra $400?
    Thanks

2. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    I'm happy with my 55313. I have digital cable and the HD box from my local cable company.

Unless you plan on trying to get OTA HDTV, then you don't need a built in tuner because your cable box will provide that service.

3. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

I have heard that the quad feild focus helps alot. Better picture. But I think your major differences are the built in HD Decoder.

4. DanielKellmii

DanielKellmii Supporting Actor

Do any Calibrators out there have an opinion on this?

5. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Quad Field focus and the other additions made the difference for me when I decided to buy the 4413 over the 3313. I didn't need the tuner in the 513 or the 613 but the price you are able to get the 613 for is pretty stellar.