What's new

Mitsubishi 55" Silver or Silver Plus??? (1 Viewer)

SteveW

Agent
I am purchasing one or the other within the next few days. What I need to know is the QuadField Focus on the Silver Plus going to make a drastic difference in pq??? Is it worth an extra $300??? That is the only feature on the Plus that is even making me consider it. None of the other differences between the two sets really matter to me. Anyone had a chance to really compare the Silver to the Silver Plus as far as pq???

Thanks

Bruce-E

Stunt Coordinator
The closest I came was the 55313at BB and the 55413 at a local A/V shop.The 55413 looked alot better but it's not the same feed or lighting,at two different places.Every forum I read ,the majority say to get the Silver Plus.With a little haggling you can the 413 down to the 313 range.Sears runs 10% off every few months.

Eric Hahn

Agent
as far as I know, quad field is supposed to give a tighter focus on the corners, I belive this would benifit any source,

however in actualaty, I cant find out much about it, I was looking at some other forums and aparently most calabrators do not even adjust it (if it is adjustable)so I do not know if it is marketing hype or something real.

I could be wrong, maby a calibrator can set me straight.

I bought the 48413, but I have read that thier is not alot of differance between properly calibrated sets,

I would love to know from those that have done the work, weather these marketing differances really translate to better PQ.

any thoughts?

SteveW

Agent
Yes so would I. I'm looking to buy tonight but I want to get the right one. If I will see a drastic difference in the Plus then I can constitute the extra money. If the QuadField Focus isn't going to make that much of a difference, then there are other places I could used that extra $300-400. Can someone point me in the direction of any comparisons of the Silver and Silver Plus?? I can't find much on a comparison or the QFF either.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks