What's new

Mitsubishi 50604 bigscreen? (1 Viewer)

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Right now I have a Mitsubishi 50" non-HDTV, it's a 4:3. I bought it in 1999 or so and it seems like technology has advanced so far. It is a beautiful TV right now and I sit about 6' away from it. Would I see a big difference if I went to a 16:9 widescreen Mitsubishi that is 50"? To me in the store the 50" widescreens look so much smaller than mine and the quality doesn't look like it is a huge improvement.

Is this anyway to upgrade this TV to an HDTV? I saw a version of my TV in TheWiz before they shut down and it was HDTV upgradable, is this TV then?

Thanks for any input, i'm somewhat clueless on TV's.

Also, what is the life on a TV like this before it started to encounter problems like the bulb and such. So far I would say it has had about 25,000 to 30,000 hours of use.

Curt Jett

Agent
Are you sure about the hours on your TV? That seems like a lot for a set from 99.
I have a Mits 65" WS65907 that is usually on 15 hours or more per day at my house. The picture has been perfect from day one out of the box with just the usual adjustments recomended for torch mode ect. I have recentely switched from Dishnetwork to Time Warner Cable and there is more and more HD content avalible.
I set about 16' from my set but I don't think I would have a problem setting 6' from it either. As to your TV being upgradablel I'm not familiar with that set but my manual talks about the Mits upgrade. If yours does you might be able to take advantage of the Mits Promise Module. It's about $1000 though installed. As for the life of your set, most last for years with just the annual tube and mirror cleaning done every year or two for the best viewing.
Hopes this ramble helps in some way.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
What is a promise module and what can it do? It seems a little bit expensive as I paid about $3000 for it originally. Of course technology advances but I paid alot for this TV and for only another $1000 more or so I can just get a whole new TV basically that has no hours on it.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I checked and they have no product information on TV's from 1999 which is pretty messed up if you ask me, they should cover alot more models than just till 2000.

Since my TV is just Analog it doesn't cover the module unfortunatly... I wish that I could upgrade this tv to HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks