Mitsubishi 46809 or else?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick L, May 10, 2002.

1. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

I am looking for a nice smaller rptv. I have my eye on the 46" Mitsubishi tv, but am wondering if anyone has heard any news on new models? Its about that time for new models to be announced or go out. I also have looked at samsung and hitatchi tv's, but think the mitsu is better than both. What would you recomend for a 42-46" widescreen?

Thanks

Nick L

BTW it can't be a toshiba, I can't get those cheap.

2. Marc Alexander

Marc Alexander Stunt Coordinator

Only Mitsubishi has the "promise"
    I would get the Mitsubishi personally. I also like the Hitachi (but it is not as easy to tweak as the Mits). Both seem to have a much brighter picture than the Panny (even with contrast/picture at 50% compared to 100% on the Panny).

3. VicQ

VicQ Stunt Coordinator

Nick,

Mitsubishi is coming out w/ a 42" tabletop and a 48" stand alone. I was interested in the 46" as well, but I'm trying to hold off to check out the new models. Probably coming out around August, Sept.

-Vic

4. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

Vic, can you show me where you got this information? I would love to take a look.

Nick L

5. Nick L

Nick L Second Unit

Found the info on the mitsu web site, but I just have one question. What is the difference between a HD-upgradeable tv and an integrated hd tv? Does the integrated one come with a hdtv tuner?

Thanks for the help

Nick L