1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Mitsubishi 27" has strange output.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron Connolly, May 19, 2002.

1. Ron Connolly

Ron Connolly Agent

Ron
    My wife called me at work the other day and said the TV has some strange colors on it. When I got home and looked at the picture, she was right. The image was clear and crisp but the colors were all wrong. I then turned on the VCR and selected a channel with NO Signal Input so I knew that it would be just a solid blue screen, but it wasn't. I have never seen anything like this before. Have any of you?
    You can see it at http://home.pacbell.net/ronjoyce/tvmain/ssbegin.htm

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

How old is the TV?

Sounds like a CRT failure is in the offing.

I take it you've unplugged the set and then plugged it back in and turned the unit back on? If the set's internal degaussing procedure is not enough, then a manual degaussing might be in order.

Otherwise, it might be time to shop for a new set.

Gregg, Jay, you guys wanna take a crack at this?

3. Ron Connolly

Ron Connolly Agent

Ron
    Thanks for responding Jack. The TV is about 10 years old, and NO I haven't tried unplugging the set. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

I know I've gotten my $$ out of it, but I was really curious what this could be caused by. Nobody at work had ever seen anything like it. I was hoping the TV would last a couple more years then probably pick up an HDTV.

4. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

If it isn't a CRT failing (which is what it looks like)-do you have any large magnets close to the television? But, to get the effect you have would be equivalant of having a 15 lb magnet set directly on top of the television, which probably isn't likely. Deguassing might work, give it a try.

Bruce