Mitsu WS65807/65857/65907 RPTV's ??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Loomis, Jun 28, 2001.

1. Brett Loomis

Brett Loomis Stunt Coordinator

I am interested in the 65" 16:9 RPTV's and am wondering if any current owners can help me understand the differences between the Mitsu models....807,857 and 907. Quite a price difference between the three. I can get the 65807 for $2,799, is this a good price? What other tv's should I be considering?? Mfr./Model #'s please.
    Thanks
    ------------------
    My system:
    Klipsch KLF-30's Mains
    KLF-C7 Center
    KSP-S6 Surrounds
    KSW-15 Front Sub
    KSW-100 Rear Sub
    Marantz SR-8000
    Toshiba SD-4205 5-DVD
    Mitsubishi VCR
    Mitsubishi 35"
    Pioneer PDF-1007 301-CD
    14 gauge Monster Cable
    Audioquest interconnects

2. Jerry Klawiter

Jerry Klawiter Screenwriter

That price looks good.
    Be sure to check your local Sears as the have a three
    day sale starting this weekend.http://www.hometheaterspot.com/cgi-b...&f=10&t=004661
    The WS65807 is a fine set for the money.
    They have just a bit of red push that can be
    mostly worked out.
    The Spot forum from the above link should be a great help.
    Good Luck.
    ------------------

3. Brendon Woirhaye

Brendon Woirhaye Auditioning

The *807 "Platinum" is the entry level base model, the *857 "Platinum Plus" is the mid-grade (adds high resolution menus, better lenses, worthless VGA input), and the *907 "Diamond" is the high end (with better lenses and a higher quality box than the *857).
    I did quite a bit of research last year and settled on the 55" Mitsubishi 55857. I reviewed it over at eopinions (http://www.epinions.com/elec-Video-T...857/tk_~BC.1.5). It is basically the same as the 65" except smaller and brighter (same size guns driving a smaller screen).
    Most people seem to be fairly happy with whichever model they get, once it's been burned in and calibrated. The red push is a problem as mentioned above. The home theater spot is an excellent resource for Mitsubishi technical data.
    >> I am interested in the 65" 16:9 RPTV's and am wondering if any current owners can help me understand the differences between the Mitsu models....807,857 and 907. Quite a price difference between the three. I can get the 65807 for $2,799, is this a good price? What other tv's should I be considering?? Mfr./Model #'s please.

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    I went for the 65907, because the price ended up being just $400 more than the 65857. This was back in December.
    The 65907 has a nicer cabinet in addition to the better lenses. It also had a slightly better jack pack, although I don't recall if it is the same as the 65857.
    The "red push" problem is a service menu lock-out to some of the fine color adjustments. You can fix this with a $10 combination of plug-and-play parts from Radio Shack. I've done this, and the fleshtones, which tended to look a little sunburned before the fix, now look natural.
    Mits puts out a great set. With prices going down (making room, I'm sure, for next year's models) this is a good time to get one. However, prices are coming down on all sets, and the packages are getting better. One of my coworkers just got a 61-inch RCA HDTV with built-in HDTV tuner and DirecTV receiver, and a free offer for a progressive scan DVD player...for $3300. While I have not seen this set, the price is impressive...and other sets will continue to impress.
    Enjoy!
    - Steve
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Got Remo?