Mitsu Ws55413 or the Toshiba 57H83

Discussion in 'Displays' started by david kennedy, Oct 25, 2003.

1. david kennedy

david kennedy Stunt Coordinator

Hey Guys I was thinking of buying another widescreen and my choices came down to the Mitsu WS55413 and the Toshi 57H83. I want a tv that has 720p capabilities and a dvi port. And i am looking for a screen size no smaller than 55 inches.My price range is between 2 to possibly 3 grand. I was thinking of the lcd's as well but i really want a bigger screen. if anyone has either of these tv's or have brought another brand that they like in this price range please share with me would really appreciate it.

2. Jason Goodmanso

Jason Goodmanso Stunt Coordinator

I just bought the Toshiba 57HX83 which is actually a step higher in quality than the 57H83.

Has one DVI input, and two Colorstream Pro, plus a couple composite inputs.

Picture quality - awesome. I found the Cinema Series to be better than most of Sony's higher end models.

I only paid $1999 for my Toshiba - which is about the same price Best Buy charges for the lesser version.

3. david kennedy

david kennedy Stunt Coordinator

I forgot to mention the Hitachi 57s500 i am giving this one serious consideration as well.

4. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Second Unit

Picture quality between the toshiba and the hitachi are very comparable, but toshy's stretch modes are WAY better, imho [​IMG]

5. Mike_Thorn

Mike_Thorn Auditioning

Stretch modes on the the S series in the Hitachi are supposed to be much better than they used to be. I looked at a 57s500 tonight and was impressed with the modes. 4:3 even a bit better to me at least than the modes on my tosh. 40x81. I know the x81 is older but it was enough for me to pull the trigger on the 65s500 tonight. If been hangin' in this forum for quite some time and also the avs forum which is more geared towards the video end of HT. Over there, many people swear by the newer Mits. and the s500's. After reading so many posts about how great the PQ is on the s500's, I had to check them out for myself. Can't wait till tuesday night when it gets here and to start the tweakin'! PS. Forgot... I was able to get the 65s500 with 3 yr service for just about 3k on the nose. Not sure if you have the room but just something else to think about.