Mitsu WS 55857 Line Doubler

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Peench, Jun 24, 2001.

1. James Peench

James Peench Auditioning

I was flipping through the manual of my TV when I noticed that it offers two different line doubler modes. Does anyone know which is preferable, or if there is any difference. There was only limited information in the manual about the two modes.
    Thanks in advance!

2. CraigM

CraigM Auditioning

James,
    The two modes are 480p and 960i.
    Some owners like the 906i setting for NTSC material. There may be a slight problem with 960i however, it might cause your user menus, sliders and convergence girds to jiggle up and down a little but not the actual image. It does tend to soften the image a touch. If you are seeing a lot of edge enhancement you may want to try 960i, but most of us Mits owners leave it set to 480p.
    Go here and punch in 960i as the search parameter, and you'll get a lot more info on this.
    http://www.hometheaterspot.com/cgi-b...earch_forum=10
    ------------------
    Craig M

3. James Peench

James Peench Auditioning

Thanks for pointing me towards more information. It looks like quite a personal preference. Many people like the 480 and others like the 960... I guess I'll just have to try it out and see.
    From what the manual said about 960 "it will soften pictures..." I didn't want to even bother... I don't seem to have too many probs w/ it now although I did notice one instance of jitter on a TV program where there was a slow scan and a tall umbrella pole seemed to move... other than that it looks great... We'll see.
    Thanks again for the info!
    ------------------