1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitsu wd-62525 HELP!!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jeramy P, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Jeramy P

Jeramy P Auditioning

A friend of mine has puchased the above set. He has just set it up and the X-Box is connected to the Component 1 input with component video (obviously). The tv displays that he can only get 480i resoultion, and all the dvd's look very grainy. Is there anyway to switch to 720i or 1080i? Is the X-Box capable of this? Thanks for helping out.

2. AdamYankee

AdamYankee Auditioning

Not a pro at this stuff, but from what I know, the TV's native resolution is 720p which means it is will convert all signals to 720p and look the best at that resolution. Yor XBOX only puts out 480p and you may see some noise with the upconversion. I could be wrong but I am sure someone will correct me if I am.

3. Jeramy P

Jeramy P Auditioning

I just found out that the Xbox will only play DVD in 480i, thanks.

4. Irv Gleaner

Irv Gleaner Auditioning

It's a shame your friend rushed out to buy this set. By the end of this month, the anti-glare screen model WD62725 will be out for the same price. However, stores like Best Buy will only continue to carry the bottom of the line 525 series which shows all reflections like a polished mirror.

You should also check out the WD62825 model. It includes a built in DVR 120 GB recorder ands comes in piano black high gloss finish. Check out the Mitsubishi web site.