What's new

Mitsu vs. Sony vs Hitachi (1 Viewer)

nik k

Agent
Hello,
I am in the process of purchasing a 65 wide screen hdtv. I have narrowed it down to the mitsu ws-a65 (or ws65311), both the sony kp-65ws500 or kp-65wv600, and the hitachi 65swx20b. I have done the searches on each tv and have found useful info for each individually but am wondering how these models i have picked stack up against each other. I seem to be leaning towards the hitachi due to the responses. Thanks in advance, all and any info/advice is greatly appreciated.
nik k.

nik k

Agent
Any help on this anyone?? I have heard that hitachi makes there own lenses and has mulitple adjustment points for aligning. They also make the lenses for the mitsu's. Sony on the other hand, i do not know how they compare. I like the styling of the sony's and its user menus but i will not be using the media stick port much at all or ever. The mitsu seems kinda boxy but has plently of room for a center channel while the sony does not have much space on top.

JackS

Supporting Actor
Nik- Having spent much time trying to distinguish between these major brands in the picture dept., I gave up. From store to store and side by side, PQ seems to change. I finally decided any major name brand would suit me very well. I switched my priorities to style , features and especially connectivity ,paying particular attention to the rear panel jack pack. Features should pay a large part in your final choice IMO. The price of admission is a pretty nice chunk of change, so I tried to avoid the possibility that whatever I bought, I would have no regrets two weeks later. Your "must haves" may be different than mine so look for those features that appeal to you. Best of luck ,Jack

David_Giles

Stunt Coordinator
nik,after having a sony with the flicker prb,i choose to stray from sony and do alot of research on other models and makes.In the end i got the Hitachi swx and im very pleased with it[bested the sony pq easily IMO].

I would search for reviews of the sets youre lookin at and go from there,i did and the hitachi was a highly rated t.v and that made my choice easy,hope it helps you out too.

nik k

Agent
Thanks for the info guys. Its a hard decision but i just want to get the best i can.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks