Mitsu vs. Sony vs Hitachi

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by nik k, Jan 19, 2003.

1. nik k

nik k Agent

Hello,
    I am in the process of purchasing a 65 wide screen hdtv. I have narrowed it down to the mitsu ws-a65 (or ws65311), both the sony kp-65ws500 or kp-65wv600, and the hitachi 65swx20b. I have done the searches on each tv and have found useful info for each individually but am wondering how these models i have picked stack up against each other. I seem to be leaning towards the hitachi due to the responses. Thanks in advance, all and any info/advice is greatly appreciated.
    nik k.

2. nik k

nik k Agent

Any help on this anyone?? I have heard that hitachi makes there own lenses and has mulitple adjustment points for aligning. They also make the lenses for the mitsu's. Sony on the other hand, i do not know how they compare. I like the styling of the sony's and its user menus but i will not be using the media stick port much at all or ever. The mitsu seems kinda boxy but has plently of room for a center channel while the sony does not have much space on top.

3. JackS

JackS Supporting Actor

Nik- Having spent much time trying to distinguish between these major brands in the picture dept., I gave up. From store to store and side by side, PQ seems to change. I finally decided any major name brand would suit me very well. I switched my priorities to style , features and especially connectivity ,paying particular attention to the rear panel jack pack. Features should pay a large part in your final choice IMO. The price of admission is a pretty nice chunk of change, so I tried to avoid the possibility that whatever I bought, I would have no regrets two weeks later. Your "must haves" may be different than mine so look for those features that appeal to you. Best of luck ,Jack

4. David_Giles

David_Giles Stunt Coordinator

nik,after having a sony with the flicker prb,i choose to stray from sony and do alot of research on other models and makes.In the end i got the Hitachi swx and im very pleased with it[bested the sony pq easily IMO].

I would search for reviews of the sets youre lookin at and go from there,i did and the hitachi was a highly rated t.v and that made my choice easy,hope it helps you out too.

5. nik k

nik k Agent

Thanks for the info guys. Its a hard decision but i just want to get the best i can.