Mitsu vs Sammy vs Toshiba

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bob_Campbell, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Bob_Campbell

Bob_Campbell Stunt Coordinator

Sep 16, 2003

On my previous post I was asking for help b/t lcd and dlp. I think I have decided to go with a DLP. The Units I'm looking at are the Mitsu wd52725/825, Samsung HLP5085W, and the Toshiba 52HM84. Which would you prefer and what do you think about each. I have read that the sammy light switch is great, but how is the over all picture? Also should I even enclude sony in this debate?

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Jun 30, 1997
    I have the Mits 62725 and love it. To my eyes it did a much better job than the Toshiba and Samsung in resolving standard definition. And for me that was a key point as cable TV is what I use the set for the majority of the time anyway. I have absolutely no problems with any type of rainbow effect either.

The bottom line is to see if you can 1)see them in a side by side comparison 2)have them play a standard cable feed through them instead of a high def feed or a DVD.

I did just that when shopping for my RPTV and was able to directly compare it to the Toshiba, Samsung, Sony and JVC models. Again, to my eyes the Mits has a much better overall picture.