Mitsu Rant

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Nibeck, Aug 7, 2002.

1. Dave Nibeck

Dave Nibeck Stunt Coordinator

I have the 65819. It was calibrated by Chuck Williams (DC). I love the picture. My rant is on the user controls. If the set loses power, it defaults all settings to the factory levels. This is for each input.

Fortunately, the calibration settings zero out most of the slider bars. However, color temp is turned to high and contrast is turned all the way up. You have to go through each input to correct. IMO the set should remember the settings prior to the power failure and keep those settings. In addition, when the temp and contrast are changed in service menu, those changes should become factory settings (in reality, I accidentally hit the video reset button on the TV more often than having a power failure).

On day, I will program a macro for my remote to correct contrast and temp for all inputs.

Do other sets have this annoying feature?

2. John Doroshenk

I'm not positive about your set, but most mits. have a way to reset where the factory levels are set. So when you hit reset, the controls go to the middle and these are your actual settings. Its in the service menu, check out hometheaterspot for info, they have a huge section on mitsubishi tweaks. Also, I would check with Chuck williams, he might have already set it this way for you.

3. Jeff Savage

Jeff Savage Second Unit

It is possible to make yor settings the default. After my set was ISf'd the correct settings were stored as the factory defaults. However I do not know how to do this only know that it can be done.

Jeff

4. BruceSpielbauer

BruceSpielbauer Second Unit

Hey, guys, read carefully...

As he posted: >>>Fortunately, the calibration settings zero out most of the slider bars. However, color temp is turned to high and contrast is turned all the way up.