Mitsu HDTVs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle Wynters, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Kyle Wynters

Kyle Wynters Auditioning

Newbie question. I'm looking at buying a Mitsu diamond series projection TV. When I picked up their 2002 catalog, I noticed that on the back panel for the WS-65908 model, next to one of their component video inputs, there are two additional RCA jacks labeled H and V---the label on the back panel reads (GRBHV). What's this all about? Is this some sort of new HD-video input that surpasses component?

2. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

Those are the SYNC signals, H = Horizontal, V = Vertical. One form of RGB contains the sysnc signals on the G (green) line, another breaks them out seperately.
    ------------------
    Dan

3. Kyle Wynters

Kyle Wynters Auditioning

Thanks for the reply. So for what cirumstance does one use these extra connections? Are there DVD players out there that have this extra HV output in addition to the componet outputs? Or is this SYNC signal input for some high-end, exotic video equipment?

4. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Stunt Coordinator

Kyle:
    The Mitsibushi HD TVs can accept an "RGB" input which can be broken down into RGBHV with the H and V being horizontal and vertical sync. These are for HD input, not DVD input. The TVs can also use a component HD input using the three RGB input plugs as Y Pb Pr. Most STBs now just use component, but these connnections make the TV just a little more versatile. For example, the DTC-100 could be connected directly to these five jacks using a "breakout cable" instead of having to use a transcoder. I have the 46805 and use just the component inputs. As I recall there is an area in the TVs setup menu where you tell it which HD input type you're using. Component DVD connections would go to one of the other component inputs. These inputs accept either 480i or 480p
    SMK
    [Edited last by Steven Kempner on September 14, 2001 at 09:47 AM]