Mitsu 65413 deal ..good enough?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by GeraldK, Dec 19, 2003.

1. GeraldK

GeraldK Agent

Need to decide quickly, so I'd appreciate some quick thoughts...

After a lot of research, I'm very close to getting the Mitsu 65413, but wanted some opinions of the deal.

On Sat morning (12/20) from 7-10 am, Sears is offering another 10% off of everything in the store.

Here's the breakdown:

Mitsu 65413....reg. price.... $2799.00
    Sears $100 off all widescreens
    Sears 10% discount ............
    FINAL COST..Pre-TAX...... $2429.10

Additionally, through tomorrow, Sears is offering a rebate on the delivery charge. That saves me an additional $40.

Conn's claims they can pricematch, so does anyone have any preference of one store over the other, especially on service and/or extended warranties? Sears 4 yr warranty is $499, and Conns 4 yr is $399. I don't mind a $100 premium as long as it's backed up by good terms and service.

Thanks all....

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Mits makes a great set (speaking of their entire line).

Have you done some googling for best pricing?

I used to live in Texas and was never a fan of Conns (for what that is worth).

Id imagine that if you told sears you could get the extended warranty at Conns for X amount they would then match it (as it is almost all profit for them anyways).

Seasons greatings!!

Gregg

3. GeraldK

GeraldK Agent

Thanks a bunch, Gregg, for the quick response. (I kept checking the private mesg area instead of here for a response!!)

Regarding Conns v Sears, I'm not a big fan of either, but the Sears 10% off is what's swaying me their direction and, since it's only good until 10am today, I thought the savings would just about cover the ext warranty. I didn't think that Sears would PM on the warranty. That's a good idea as IIRC they wanted $499 for the 4 yr.extended vs. $399 at Conns.

Any thoughts on the dire need of the 1384 connection. We'll probably u/g the Time Warner cable to HD for the short term, with the possibility of going to some sort of HD Sat system eventually.

4. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Gregg,

How do Mits look out of the box? I'm sure they would benefit from an ISF like any other set, but I have heard they look pretty decent out of the box.

5. Cliff Olson

Cliff Olson Stunt Coordinator

Dave, I'm not Gregg, but mine looks great. I check the Convergence all the time, but it is always pretty solid, and rarely needs much adjustment - if any. I am checking into an ISF Tech currently, so I'll know the full potential of the set, soon [​IMG]

6. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    They look good out of the box, usually blue.

After a video setup and calibration they will drop your jaw (well hopefully drop your jaw).

Please remember that LionAV affiliates not only do an ISF calibration on your set but also a complete video setup.

Regards

Gregg

7. GeraldK

GeraldK Agent

Thanks all for the ideas/help. The set is due for delivery sometime tomorrow!! I'm happy!!