What's new

Mitsu 55511 format mode??? (1 Viewer)

Kamal_K

Stunt Coordinator
I just received my x511 and notice that there are several format modes. Narrow, Standard, zoom, expand, and stretched. My question is which format do I use for watching regular tv and which format do i use for watching 16:9 movies. The manual does not make this clear. thanks

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
For anamorphic widescreen DVDs, standard mode will display them properly. For 4:3 TV programming, use the one you think looks the best. I prefer the Expand mode for most types of programs. Avoid Narrow mode as the grey bars on each side may be burned into the picture.

Patrick TX

Stunt Coordinator
I have a WS-55511 that is a little over a week old. For "digital cable", I prefer Standard. For DVD's being displayed on the 480p progressive component inputs, it will not allow any formatting that I know of. I am getting a DVD player that has a 14 step scaling option for that. I will be calibrating the TV this week via service menu. MY GAWD, cable looks like CRAP on this TV. DVD's are amazing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks