What's new

Mitsu 42313 setup (1 Viewer)

HarryS

Grip
Hi All;
I'm new to this forum and new to the world of RPTV's. I just purchased a Mitsu 42313 and have adjusted the contrast down to 25, sharpness to 20, color to 40 and color temp to low(6500K). It seems good to me but I feel I could be missing something. Does anyone have any suggestions on initial setup on this set? I have also adjusted convergence, which was off a bit. Any help would be appreciated.

HarryS

Grip
I can't believe no-one has help for me in this regard. Or is it you don't think a 42 inch RPTV is worth the effort.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Did you follow test patterns from a setup disc such as Avia/DVE? I am only assuming you have. If you've done all the basic calibrations, short of doing some of the other tweaks from keohi for instance, then you've covered most of it.

If you just set these levels based on what someone else has them set, or just guessing, then you need to use test patterns, as every person's setup will be different.

HarryS

Grip
Thanks, I haven't used Avia yet (need to buy it) but have adjusted the set somewhat, as I had indicated.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Ok! Then you need to go buy and calibrate as per Avia/DVE.

As for calibration "not being worth it" it ALWAYS is worth it, in fact, necessary. I find it helps the MOST with the crappiest TVs. I calibrated my friend's 10 year-old 27in RCA TV, and it looked beautiful afterwards. Once you've done basic calibratino, then you can delve deeper into other tweaks, etc that you may want to try with your set.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
On mit TVs the low / 6500K setting is probably very red / warm. It would "most likely" be better to view in meduium, unless you want to spring for a professional gray scale calibration.

As Chris has indicated, buy AVIA, or Video Essentials. Then listen to it and give yourself 1-2 hours to complete.

You can also do convergence work, and remove the glare screen.

Best of luck

gregg loewen

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

!!!! I think you need a new watch. :D It's not *THAT* long. Or maybe I just have so much fun I lose track of time. :)

Though I do recommend you watch and listen to the explanations carefully before you dive right into the test patterns. People tend to miss what you're trying to see, or get impatient and follow the explanation that doesn't fit their display type, etc.

For instance, I often see people here who mistakenly set white level at the point of blooming, or all the way up because they can't see the blooming, which is not correct, nor how it is explained.

Other than that, the actual setting of the set once you know how to use the patterns and figure it out is very quick. Convergence, focus, lens flapping, etc etc obviously would take you a LOT longer, and denotes a very advanced stage of HT addiction. ;)

HarryS

Grip
Thanks for the replies, my intent is to use Avia to "cal" the set, was hoping for some help in the interim. Gregg, I wasn't aware the 42313 had a removable glare screen. Thanks for your answers, anything helps.(well, almost);)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks