What's new

Mitsi, Panny, Sony, Tosh...Seperate Input Memories????? (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I am helping a friend select a HD Ready 55" to 65" CRT based RPTV.

A critical feature that he requires is that each input on the set have a separate picture setting memory. Since the settings for DVD, HDTV, and SD Cable/Sat do tend to be different, the ability for a set to have separate input memories is essential.

In an effort to reduce my search effort (OK, I am a lazy SOB), I am appealing to owners of sets by the named vendors to kindly chime in and indicate if your set does or does not have that feature.

FWIW, I personally have a Pionner 533 (no longer in production) that has this capability, as does my old school Sony 32"; I can't imagine NOT being able to save settings per input.

Thanks in advance!

BGL

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
Panasonic RPTV has 3 video settings that each input remembers. So you basically can have 3 settings for all the inputs.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the replies thus far!

Quick question on the Panny: You are saying that you have three separate sets of user parameters that can be individually tweaked and saved, and then assigned to any input?

That sounds like a workable solution as well.

BGL

My Sony 65WS550 does NOT have seperate memories for each input. Kinda a pain in the arse.

But the agian, the last set I had didnt either (Mits VS-5051, about 10 years old).

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
ALL my Panasonic TVs have had separate memory settings for each A/V input. The one APEX TV I had did not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks