What's new

Mits wt46809 calibrations via Avia (1 Viewer)

Joseph_Jackson

Auditioning
Hello All, I am going to try and calibrate my tv using the AVIA DVD, and was wondering if there was something that I could read to understand the whole process before I started tweaking anything? I am very new to this and any input would be much appreciatted. The reason for even doing this calibration is on the last few dvd movies that I watched there was a lot of red in the face of the actors in the movie.

Equipment

TV: Mits WT46809

REICEIVER: DENON AVR 3803
DVD PLAYER: DENON DVD2900
Speakers: Boston Acoustic
R/L VRM90
C/ VRMC
S/R/L VRM50
SB/ VRMEX
No sub as of yet

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
put in AVIA and take the time to listen to it. IT will talk you through the process.

Your Mits TV has a 25% red push, so yes you are correct in noticing the red in the faces.

Red push fixes:
NOTE: turning down the Red cut / drive WILL NOT HELP
1. purchase an attenuator for each red component cable, this will help but also attenuate half of the green signal.
2. Turn down the color control will help somewhat.
3. EEPROM edit and reflashing (I2C fix), this will remove the red push (the only way to 100% fixt it) but also voids your warranty (dont tell anybody).

ADDIITIONAL NOTE: it is quite difficult to evaluate for red push until the gray scale is properly set.

Best wishes!!

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks